Saturday, March 28, 2009

I'll walk all over you

.


Temperature today reaches 20ยบ and clocks turn forward an hour at 02:00 tonight. I want to enjoy the sunshine and be one with nature. This morning I walked all the way to Birgu (from Tarxien), and although I went through built up areas, nature still finds a way to peek through cracks in the concrete pavements and between rubble wall stones. The weed above is referred to in Malta as Haxixa Ingliza (English weed) and it is rather common, making dull corners all gay with its summery flower.

I have been thinking of joining some friends on a guided nature walk in Majjistral Nature and History Park. Held on Sundays by pre-booking one week in advance, the walk takes about 2.5hrs long (6km). Their online description promises you'll come across great views, endemic Rdum landscape, Garrigue (low, soft leafed scrubland typical of the Mediterranean basin) and Maltese corbelled stone huts. Will I tempt you? Feel like joining in the fun?

Bus number 47 leaves Valletta for Golden Bay (meeting point)


.

No comments:

Post a Comment