Thursday, September 04, 2008

My Liza



First thing I do as soon as I know I'm visiting the islands is to contact my sister and plot the visit's cultural programme. We'll look at what's on at the Manoel and the St James Cavalier Centre, which World Cinema film or theatre production to watch. I have no inkling however whether my sister will submit to accompany me and admit to a secret admiration for the stereotypical love of gay men - Liza with a "z". On Minelli's first concert tour in Italy, her production team has included Malta, partly I think due to their mistaken impression that the islands of Malta make part of Italy (Liza's official programme reads "Malta, Italy").

Liza will be performing at the Mediterranean Conference Centre in Valletta (literally up the road from Valletta G-House) on 04 November 2008 and tickets can be bought from the MCC.

NOTE: THIS CONCERT WAS FEATURED ON LISA'S WEBSITE BUT SEEMS TO HAVE BEEN CANCELLED. WHEN I LAST LOGGED INTO MS. MINELLI'S WEBSITE I SAW NO MENTION THE CONCERT IN MALTA

No comments:

Post a Comment